Sunday 29 May 2011

Flower Power (2)


Flower cake no 2 was for the birthday of Miss Poppy French.  The cake was a blueberry soured cream cake , I addd a few less blueberries ad put in some raspberries for extra colour and taste.  


I topped it with cream cheese/sour cream icing (my cream cheese was low fat which is why it looks quite runny, but it still tasted good and I think the drizzly look suits the cake).  Then I scattered on shards of meringue, piles of fresh raspberries and blueberries, some more meringue crumbs and some fresh flowers and herbs from the garden.  I used little violets (I looked them up to check they are edible and gave them a gentle wash), and some mint sprigs.  


I finished the cake off with some drizzles of peach sauce; I made the peach sauce by heating some chopped peaches to soften them, blitzing them and then pushing the pulp through a sieve.  The remaining juice I then heated on the hob and dissolved some caster sugar in to taste, don't overheat it or it will congeal and loose its pretty pinky colour.  

Any fruit/flower combination would work beautifully on this cake - just make sure the flowers aren't poisonous!  


No comments:

Post a Comment